Most people retreat to behaviors that feel comfortable. Even non-productive behaviors are practiced because it is what feels familiar. The cycle of poverty exists due to multiple factors, but Love INC focuses on behavioral changes to improve client's financial circumstances. The real work begins after a person has gained stable housing and employment. This is why the Love INC Fresh Start program requires the participants to work hard to gain financial, employment, and housing stability; working together at a slower pace with the Love INC staff and volunteers. Handing over money to someone, to make the current crisis go away, typically will not fix the underlying issues. Many people are grateful for the financial help Love INC provides. However, that moment dissipates very quickly. As a participant of the Fresh Start program, approved applicants must understand and agree to be truthful regarding finances, employment, and housing situations. Clients also must be willing to look at behaviors and habits that are contributing to the demise of success.
The Fresh Start program will focus on (4) four major areas
The families we serve are
• Motivated to become self-sufficient
• At risk for homeless or potentially homeless
• Committed to completing an educational program or job training
• Free of substance abuse for a minimum of (5) five months before enrolling (if applicable)
• Willing to abide by Love INC’s expectations
• Assist individuals/families on a short term basis up to (6) six months
• Partner with Love INC staff to work together to identify household needs and develop a plan to address those specific needs
• Love INC staff will work with local agencies to access additional resources to maximize client benefits
• Assist the client in becoming self sufficient and financially prepared to meet the future needs of the family
• Love INC may provide, but is not limited to the following services:
*Note: The amount of financial and/or other assistance provided will vary depending on client participation, current household needs, and funding availability.
Client Expectations and Requirements
If you are interested in VOLUNTEERING TO BE A MENTOR for a Fresh Start family on their journey to self sufficiency, please contact Debbie at email@example.com. This program is funded by United Way and your donations.
If you are interested in APPLYING FOR THE Fresh Start program, please please contact the Love INC office at (936) 569-8555.